eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ v1.0: Deployment Guide
The eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ application enables its users to quickly obtain secure and compliant electronic signatures for sales quotes, proposals, contracts and invoices generated in Salesforce CPQ.
This document describes how to install and configure eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ.
NOTE: eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ works in both Classic Salesforce and in Salesforce with the Lightning Experience enabled.
The rest of this document describes:
- OneSpan Sign for Salesforce must be installed on your system. For instructions, click here.
- eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ must be installed on your system. For more information, click here.
To install and initially configure eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ:
- Install the eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ application from the AppExchange (click here).
- Navigate to your installed transactions, and find the eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ application.
- Click Configure.
- On the page that appears, click the Plugins tab.
- In the Electronic Signature Plugin field, add the following text:
- Click Save.
- Add the eSignLive Transactions related list to the Quote Document page layout.
- Assign one of the following permission sets to each anticipated user, based on their role:
- eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ Admin — Permits managing Parameter Mappings between eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ and eSignLive.
- eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ User — Permits sending documents generated in eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ to eSignLive for signing.
eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ enables the insertion of a customized eSignLive button on the Generate Document page of eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ. Clicking that button: (1) saves the current eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ document; (2) sends that document to eSignLive for signing.
In the following screen capture, that custom button's label says Save & Send with eSignLive.
The following procedure describes how to configure the eSignLive button for eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ Quote Templates. The button will appear on the Generate Document page of all Quote Documents created with the Quote Templates.
- You are an eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ Admin.
To configure the eSignLive button for eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ Quote Templates:
- Click the Configuration tab ineSignLive for Salesforce CPQ. A list of your eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ Quote Templates appears.
- Click the Quote Template you'd like to configure. The following Parameter Mapping screen appears:
- By doing the following, customize the eSignLive button with appropriate Parameter Mappings between eSignLive for Salesforce CPQ and eSignLive:
- Select a suitable parameter from the PARAMETER drop-down list.
- Select one of the following mapping types from theTYPE drop-down list:
NOTE: Clicking the down arrow on the PARAMETER list displays multiple parameters. To view a complete list of the parameters and their descriptions: (1) click the eSignLive Admin tab of the OneSpan Sign for Salesforce application; (2) click the Instructions sub-tab; (3) click the Custom Button link.
- Static: Choose this type if the parameter's value will be static text.
- Reference: Choose this type if the parameter's value will be imported from a Salesforce field. If this type is selected, a magnifying glass appears in the VALUE text box. Click that glass to open a screen that you can use to select the Salesforce field from which the parameter's value will be imported.