eSignLive for IBM Connections: QuickStart Guide
The product called eSignLive™ provides a complete e-signature platform for the Web, including preparing, distributing, reviewing, signing, and downloading documents.
The eSignLive for IBM Connections application enables its users to quickly obtain secure and compliant electronic signatures for documents generated in IBM Connections.
To configure access to eSignLive from IBM Connections, perform the following steps:
- Step 1: Registering the App
- Step 2: Adding an Extension for the eSignLive App
- Step 3: Gathering Information & Notifying eSignLive
NOTE: To successfully configure eSignLive for IBM Connections, the email address for the Admin account on eSignLive must be the same as the email address for the Admin account on IBM Connections.
To register your eSignLive for IBM Connections application:
- Log in to IBM Connections using a Connections Admin account.
- On the menu bar, click Admin > Manage Organization.
- On the left panel, click Internal Apps, and then click Register App.
- In the Register App dialog box, specify the following information:
- App Name: eSignlive
- Check the box Enable API Access via OAuth 2.0 Web Server Flow.
- Access Grant Duration: Leave the default (Access Grant Duration).
- Callback URL: Enter the following callback URL:
[ACCOUNTID] is the account ID that you obtained from eSignLive support.
To add an extention for eSignLive for IBM Connections:
- On the left panel, click Organization Extensions.
- Click Add Extensions, and specify the following information:
- Service: Top Navigation bar
- Extension Point: Service Menu
- Name: eSignLive
- Description: Links to eSignLive
- Type: Action
- Tool tip: Connect to eSignLive
- Check Enable this extension.
- Check Open in a new window.
- Click Save to close the dialog box.
[ACCOUNTID] is the account ID obtained from eSignLive support.
You need to send an email to Technical Support (email@example.com; 1-855-MYESIGN) that includes the following information:
- IBM Connections Admin’s email address
- Client Secret
To gather this information:
- On the left panel, click Internal Apps.
- On the drop-down menu next to eSignlive, select Show Credentials.
- Click Show Client Secret.
- Copy and paste into an email message your ClientID, your Client Secret, and your IBM Connections Admin's email address.
- Send that email to Technical Support (firstname.lastname@example.org; 1-855-MYESIGN).
- Click Close.